Friday 8 January 2010

when winter’s gone, can we still be friends?

...

The first song I heard instantly warmed the front of my body, reminding me of irretrievable days; the bandying teenage years of first-times, which were sound-tracked by Babyshambles, Maccabees, Mystery Jets, The Holloways, and 'etc' can be applied. Gaoler's Daughter, pronounced "jailer's", grab my reminiscence and stroke it, very gently, especially considering they're comprised of former members of Larrikin Love and Littl'ans. The foursome are named after the character in The Wind in the Willows that helps Mr Toad escape = 'a reference for escapism' and their EP is also called 'The Only Way to Travel', from which my token comes from; their aim is to have every one of their EPs named after a quote from the book!


plus a bonus : Gaoler's Daughter - 9 Pieces of Silk [y.s.i.]
about apathy with age. The first song I heard.

Lyrics from their song From Russia With Love:

Death-spray chokes my lungs

Locks up my tongue

Can’t cage the secrets sung

With chemicals I can barely pronounce

I’m ready to announce

The truth is ready to pounce

.x.

No comments: