Monday 5 October 2009

we're being watched.

Flora Cadzow.
...
when I was once ushered along to The Social back in April, to support a friend's friend, Giovanna, singing backing vocals for, previously gummed-up on Newfangled, King Charles, I spied a talent - Alan Pownall.
Now, wham, bam, thank-you Maam, he seems to be peering his head and guitar out more and more with his single, Clara, gaining fast attention from all directions. I once heard him described as an English Jack Johnson, but I think that carries an unfortunate stigma, so I'm going to dub him a...you know what, his sound is not a blob but an ongoing ribbon; maybe you'll just have to keep your ears pricked for a new likeness.


Melechtric is deejaying at The Den Wednesday night, if you fancy getting your shuffle-kerfuffle shoes on.

I've been hiding this cover of Kanye for a near-year now:


.x.

No comments: