Wednesday 27 May 2009

So.. Here Am I (in Japan)


Err.. Hi all, I'm (hopefully) going to be adding to the lovely musical sussurus that our maiden, jingle bell waving GirlWithThorn has compiled over the past few yonks. Anyhoo, to start with I thought I would share a band from a country I love. I really Love it. Japan. Yup, anyway I am sure my limited knowledge of electro from the East is appalling but I really have not found any other band apart from MYSS who are any good at conveying hard core electronica rock/what have you (was never good at genres). So they're a bit 'underground' and even a bit harsh for my ears sometimes, but their Oh.SIX track is simply thumbs up good. Anything from Tokyo usually is..

"Various music is flexibly absorbed without being caught in the genre, and various sound and images sent through a peculiar filter named MYSS produce coloring the space of the place in all shape" - that's what they say, what we say - a good look at it, if you like the darker side of electro? But to be honest, it all sounds a bit Engrish - JapoEnglish to be precise.

The photo above, is, well, from Japan.

MYSS - Oh. SIX (y.s.i)

Byesies.

No comments: