Thursday 28 May 2009

Because I Feel Like One



I'm back (I know it wasn't long now, was it), but I wanted to show the world about a band that piques my curiositybean. The Evangelicals.I heard them through SXSW, (if you havn't heard of it ask the ORACLE, but shame on you) not that I attended (yet). They played at an interactive social media jig there...

They hail from Norman, Oklahoma, across the pond and sound like the right side of Indie with a dollop of psychedlic pop to boot. They are very acousticy and great to chill out too, or if you're feeling a tad spaced out - in a good way.

One of their best audio creations is Skeleton Man, which just makes me incredibly happy and wavy (like a willow tree). It's really impressive because it brings a lot of different tangents together and still keeps a traditional beat while making you feel like you're swimming before bursting out of the water. They're by no means brand new but they get my thumbs up.

Evangelicals - Skeleton Man (y.s.i)

Byesies

No comments: