Tuesday 31 March 2009

I've been dragooned into it.


Polly Scattergood.

This week's iTunes freebie, she had a gig with THE Laura Marling at the Hoxton Square Bar & Kitchen last night and there's been some steady buzz about her for a while, BUT I just don't really get it. So why am I even bothering to write about her? It might be peer pressure or a maybe I think it's "a grower" and I'll like her soon enough. Because who says that you have to immediately like a song or artist? Isn't that such a superficial take on music? Polly was called "the 21st century's Kate Bush" by Rob Da Bank. I guess because her music is the same sort of ethereal synth pop with quirky lyrics that Kate Bush did wonderfully.
All the same, feel free to sample these: 
Polly Scattergood - Please Don't Touch

Definitely a grower.

No comments: