Saturday 2 July 2011

washing out the hi and lo.

Washed Out's (Ernest Greene) first full length playing album (Within and Without) is set for release on 12th July on Sub Pop. I had a wee listen to it yesterday on t'internet. Within and Without has a very different feel musically, in comparison, to his previous EP releases, which were "a lot" more upbeat or better yet had a jazzy vibe. Personally, I prefer some of his older works, but that doesn't mean his new album isn't a work of wonder. What I like about his music is that you can see a progression of his moods, in the different tracks, across all of his albums. There aren't enough superlatives for Within and Without, so I'll just say fuck me it's good!

Oh and some interesting facts- he recently got married and is good pals with Chaz (Toro Y Moi). Actually, I guess they're not that interesting as facts go, but I just had to share the juicy gossip with someone... anyone...

You And I from Within and Without.



Soft from Within and Without.



Lately from Life of Leisure.




Yeah from High Times.



Feel It All Around (Toro Y Moi Remix) from Life of Leisure.

No comments: