Wednesday 3 June 2009

Britain's Got Cooties


So, this is terribly un-Kosher of me... I'm going to write about Escala, the previous finalists of Britain's Got Talent. This is NO Susan Boyle, thank you very much. Now I don't want to dwell on the depraved state of Britain, nor the celebration of mediocrity, or the show, but, seeing as I'm terribly patriotic and they're gorgeous, talented and a bit different, I want you to take a serious look at them. I hate to admit it, but I am a sucker for electronica and a bit of rock, so why not an electronic string quartet?

The reason I chose to shed light on one of the more lucky and talented products of Simon Cowell's music factory was because their album reached No 2 in the UK two days ago. Simon is quite nice in person by the way. For quite a polished, successful if strange brand, the album has classics from Kashmir, Clubbed To Death and Chi Mai - so quite a varied scoop huh. The best one, in my view is the (arguably) outstanding rendition of Children (orignially by Robert Miles, a childhood memory). Now, just to be clear, it's classic meets new wave rave and I think it does the job very well. However, I suspect, if you're a fan of the classical genre, you won't be impressed, although I don't know of any other classical remixes of Children.

Oh and if you do love Britain, vote tomorrow!

See what you think...

Escala - Children (y.s.i)

That's all for now children, (giggle), byesies

No comments: