Thursday 2 April 2009

Passion, sure, but can it last?


Passion Pit. ah. Passion Pit.

Things were a bit mad when Sleepyhead was first released on the EP Chunk of Change last year, indeed a "frenzy" did occur. Not many people know that it was a valentines gift from Michael Angelakos to his girlfriend, which got out of hand! I'm not denying that it's a good record, it is and the sheer amount of remixes that arose only bettered the credit of the song-my favourite's this one...I don't like the cat though.


Now with the release of their album Manners, set for the 26th May, is it going to live up to the hype? And can it?
hmmm. The song I've heard doesn't quite: Passion Pit - The Reeling. But it's good all the same, just NOT the same kind of "frenzy" that Chunk of Change displayed.

However, I think it's safe to say that if everything goes tits up for Passion Pit (which I don't actually see happening because they've got a good momentum going) then Nate Donmoyer, from the band and aka Shuttle, will be one positive result. His track Rotten Guts features the vocals of Cadence Weapon and is out now on an EP titled Tunnel. It's a bit of "a stonker"!

.x.

1 comment:

Jacob Vidal said...

ive listened to it in full and trust me, manners is synth pop heaven.