Friday 24 April 2009

The music Midas.

Ellie Goulding.

If you're a wisened, old sage of a Newfangled Music blog reader then you'll have noticed that in fact I've already blogged about Ellie Goulding, but c'mon, I never really said much, did I?

Ellie Goulding is a rose among roses, contending with some of the coolest female singers to come onto the scene in a while - La Roux's Elly Jackson, Florence Welch from Florence & The Machine, Marina Diamondis from Marina & The Diamonds and Victoria Hesketh's Little Boots. Ellie's voice is cheerful and haunting, in the more unique of ways, and, having teamed up with Starsmith, has fostered a bit of an 80s sound. Less of her guitar-playing to that of Wish I Stayed - featuring and produced by FrankMusik - but the same amount of finger clicking and hand clapping is needed. Together they've amalgamated to create Goldsmith, hence the really really bad pun of the title, and are soon to release (I hope.)


.x.
this is Mulac,
he's my friend.

No comments: