Monday 23 February 2009

Recent observations.


Firstly: This Sunday from 8pm on Radio 1 my friend's band The Wild Mercury Sound will be on Annie Mac and Nick Grimshaw's show, Switch. They're a really good young band with punctuating lyrics to a Libertines/Maccabees type sound. Check them out here.

Secondly: Recently I found myself at The Wilmington Arms in Clerkenwell and saw Arthur Delaney play, he has a Bob Dylan grasp of anti-folk that's really lovely to listen to. I suggest you try him out here. Photo above.

Thirdly: Last Summer at Latitude festival Ida Maria failed to turn up on stage and instead a band came on that at the time I wrongly recorded as being Fran Farley. But then last month they came back onto my radar in the form of Fanfarlo and I think they'll probably remain there for a good while. This is Ghosts by Fanfarlo. It's Beirut type-sque... 

Fourthly: This next song's vox are a bit disturbing but the song itself is pretty catchy... Ganache - In Pidgin. 

.x.

No comments: